The Headquarters Multinational Joint Task Force (HQ MNJTF) Ndjamena Chad on Monday 31 July 2017 hosted a powerful delegation of French Senior Defence Personnel. The delegation was led by France Army Minister Madame Florence PARLY.
The visit was led by Madame Florence PARLY, France Army Minister and other members of the delegation.
In his welcome remarks, the Deputy Force Commander MNJTF, Brigadier General Moussa Mahamat Djoui who represented the Force Commander (FC) Major General Lucky Irabor expressed gratitude for the visit and spoke briefly about MNJTF operations.
He used the medium and thanked the delegation and commended the French government for its support to the fight against terrorism in the Lake Chad Basin Region.
While making a remark, the French Minister and Head of the Delegation, stated the intention of the visit which according her was to congratulate MNJTF and equally to get the experience from MNJTF on how to administer G5 SAHEL Joint Task Force in their endeavour to combat insecurity in the SAHEL region.
After a rich brief on activities of the MNJTF, the visit featured an interactive session where Madame Florence PARLY requested to know the main reasons behind the MNJTF successes and the secret of MNJTF staff cooperation composed of personnel from five different countries (Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Benin Republic).
In his response, the Deputy Force Commander said that MNJTF successes are based on trust, individual and collective commitment and sacrifices as well as the timely sharing of intelligence and communication amongst staff.
The visit ended with the exchange of souvenir between the Honourable Minister and the Deputy Force Commander.
Members of the Delegation:
– HE Philippe LACOSTE, French Ambassador
– Vice Admiral CASABIANCA, Chief of Military Cabinet
– Mr Xavier CHATEL, Diplomatic Counsellor
– Major General GUIBERT, COMANFOR BARKHANE
– Madame Frederique CAMILLERI, Chief of Civil Cabinet
– Mr Gregoire DEVAUX, Communication Counsellor
– Colonel Frederic PICHON, French Embassy Defence Attaché to Chad
– Colonel Jacques de MONTGROS, Deputy Chief of International Relations Cell
– Colonel Benoit TAILLANDIER, Chief of CCL
– Major Stephane BAYLE, Aide de Camp
– Madame Sophie LOUET, Reuters press agent.