Food stuff worth N2 million were reportedly consumed by fire at Mudiga village in Miga Local Government Area of Jigawa.
The council’s Information Officer, Malam Yakubu Abdullahi, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Sunday in Dutse that the incident occurred on Saturday around 4.30 p.m.
Abdullahi said that the fire, which started from cooking gas from one of the residences in the area, consumed 10 local silos containing guinea corn, millet, rice and beans.
He explained that the fire also destroyed household items and a number of animals.
“Fire outbreak has destroyed food stuffs worth N2 million at Mudiga village in Miga local government area.
“The fire originated from one of the cooking gas from one of the houses in the village.
“It consumed 10 local silos containing guinea corn, millet, rice and beans, including household items and animals,” he said.
The spokesperson added that the Caretaker Committee Chairman of the council, Alhaji Muhammad Maigari, had already visited the area and commiserated with the victims.
He said Maigari had assured the victims of the council’s assistance over their losses. (NAN)